Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Swatter

Sarah and I carried on our Fly Wall mission with an ascent of 'Swatter' (HVS 4c, 5a). The plan had been to have Sarah try something a bit meatier, but she wasn't feeling well so we settled on 'Swatter'. It might be a good route for her to lead next time. Looking back through my notes, I've actually climbed this route before, nearly five years ago. It was actually very nice indeed, with the second pitch comprising of some nicely technical sequences on immaculate rock. The first pitch is shared with 'The Split' (and in fact most other routes in this section, too), and is instantly forgettable. I also had the two cams I sent off to WildCountry for refurbishment back, with new trigger assemblies and tape. Excellent customer service, to a very reasonable price - at £12 a piece, it certainly beats having to splash out on new units.

The Met Office has issued 'severe weather warnings' for the area, so we'll see how the planned run develops..

No comments: