Monday, December 04, 2006

Swimming lesson

I'm a rubbish swimmer. I can't do front crawl, at least not whilst breathing. Sarah's in contrast a paragon of grace and style in the pool, and she arranged for me to attend a Front Crawl Clinic at the university pool. At first this was pretty daunting, given that everybody was expertly crawling up and down, bar me. I was thrashing my way half way up the pool, and to add insult to injury, was captured on video for later analysis. The lady running the clinic kindly gave me a pair of flippers which (obviously) made an enormous difference. Suddenly I could actually take on board some of the teaching when I didn't have to fight so hard just to stay afloat and move forwards. Towards the end of the hour I was videoed again, and with a bit of imagination one could see some improvement.

No comments: