Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Westbury run

Ran the long Westbury loop last night in my fastest time so far. It's rouhgly 10k, but unlike the 'twice around the Downs' run we've been doing recently, it's agonisingly hilly. Three killer uphills, the middle one being the killer-est, and two long downhills. This run used to really take it out of me, but yesterday it felt fine - sure, I was tired, but it I didn't feel like I was about to die, which I normally do at the end of this run. Funnily, I've started running much better when I actively use my GPS to keep my pace down. Before, I've set out hard, and simply run out of steam too soon. Keeping to a fixed mins/km for the first 5k gives the body a chance to settle in. After that it sort of just works for the rest of the run. Sarah was feeling a bit under the weather, so gave it a miss. She kicks my arse on this run, too, of course.

Beaten by a girl. Again.

No comments: