Thursday, February 16, 2006

Happy Days

Things I like alot about skiing for an extended time in France.

• Skiing. Every day. I wake up and I can go skiing rather than go to work. It's great. If I ever become employed again I must find myself a job that allows me to do this for at least a month a year. Chances are slim I know.

• Waffles (technically Belgian). They taste great and I always feel like I deserve one after a days skiing. I must have earned the calorie deficit surely?

• Cheap French red wine that still tastes good in three litre boxes.

• French food. They do do it better than the Brits. And the beef does taste better. Let them keep their farm subsidies.

But what I love most of all right now is the 40-50cm of (perhaps well overdue) snow we just had in the last 24 hours. How much fun can you have in this much snow? Alot. How many times did I stack it face first into the snow with zero visibility and knee deep powder? Too many times to mention. And now the sun is shining. The fun is just beginning..

No comments: