Friday, November 18, 2005

Books

This is a bit of a random post, more for my interest than anyone else's but I bought a couple of new books today (The Memoirs of a Geisha and Wild Swans) and decided I want to keep a record of what I have read on this trip. I'm a very slow reader so it won't be many. So far I have read The Seventh Scroll by Wilbur Smith. Very good but not as good as the preceding book River God which must be read first. I'm now reading The Noble House by James Clavell, a 1400 page monster so it might be a while before another such post.

Also, I bought a new pair of climbing shoes whilst in Bishop. In 2 weeks they have delaminated and then yesterday the material ripped at the heel. They have kindly replaced them with a new pair but I had to have a different model in a fetching baby blue. Probably worked out quite well as the rubber had taken a fair battering on the rock out here.

On a final note, duct tape...is awesome. Fixes everything from down jackets to bouldering mats and is a must take on any trip.

No comments: